Amazon.com Widgets

History on Air

History Podcast and Blog Subscribe via iTunes Podcast RSS Feed Subscribe via Stitcher Blog RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter Friend us on Facebook Watch Us on YouTube

30 September
21Comments

Subscribing to a podcast is easy. The word “subscribe” can be misleading. Subscribing to a podcast is not like subscribing to a magazine. There are no charges (at least not for History Podcast), most podcast are free to subscribe to.

21 Responses to “Subscribe”

1. Kathleen Jessup says:

Keep up the great work. Thank you for providing folks with something interesting to listen to while at work : )

2. Saul says:

Can you talk about Hannibal and the Punic wars

3. skevi says:

Hello, I thought you would like to know that the podcasts numbering 1 to around 20 you posted on http://www.learnoutloud.com/ have all gone into “fast forward” for some strange reason. I thought it was hilarious but I would really like to know what it is your saying!

4. Jason says:

skevi,

I did not post anything on learnoutloud.com. They are responsible for anything posted on their website. Please check out the “Episode List” link at the top of this page for any and all episodes that you would like to listen to. Thanks for listening!
    ~Jason

5. TC says:

Wondering where the podcast went

6. Jason says:

TC,

The podcast will be back soon. Just busy with business travel this month. Hang in there!

Jason

7. Hugo Teerds says:

Hi Jason,
    I started to listen to PodCasts only two months ago, and I am enjoying your stories immensely. I am almost done listening from the start.
    You are giving me so much pleasure.

Greetings from the Netherlands in our newest town, 4,5 meters below sea level in land recently reclaimed from the sea. We are all surrounded here with shipwrecks of all ages. Roman boats and medieval Cogs are the most interesting of them.

Please have a look at the site of my own historical hobby at http://www.bataviawerf.nl to have a look at the Batavia, a rebuilt Dutch East India trader and its story, where I am a guide in my spare time.

If you would like a podcast about it I will be happy to write you one or more.

8. RT says:

Excited about this. I wonder where I could hear more history podcasts about History of Japan

9. Guus Linssen says:

In the title of the Feb 20 podcast the word “weird” was spelled incorrectly.

10. Grant Goodman says:

I really enjoy your podcasts.

11. Jeff says:

Great site and nice info.

12. Tim Labett says:

Hi Jason, I’ve been enjoying your potcasts. I listened to your 100th potcast last weekend while grupping thistles out of the sheep paddock. Very cute, I look forward to your 200th. Cheers Tim from New Zealand.

13. Nicole Andrews says:

Dear Jason,

Thanks for the show and congratulations on the new baby. I have just caught up with all episodes as I have been listening from the beginning to the most recent during the Christmas holiday. I already have a subscription to Matt’s today in history and after listening to your discussions have now subscribed and begun listening to the Myth podcast mentioned on your show. So far they have also been good.

I notice that someone has picked up your pronunciation in another email and while mispronunciations can be distracting they do lend a certain charm. However, I would like to take issue with what came out like mispronunciations but, if I heard correctly were, actually misused words. In your episode on the Byzantine Empire (mispronounced by the way) instead of the word HERESY – a wrong religous belief – you used HEARSAY – gossip.

Please believe that I don’t like to be a pendant but these words are not inter-changable.

I am from Melbourne Australia and appreciate your dipping into our history. By the way Melbourne was named after Queen Victoria’s first Prime Minister Lord Melbourne. Being a British Aristocrat he swallowed his vowels and we locals pronounce Melbourne the way he did, MEL BUN. Confused?

Good luck with the show and I shall continue listening.

Best regards,

Nicole

14. I think that you should do a podcast on the Fenian Ram. If you haven’t heard about it, the Fenian Ram was the design for the first commissioned US submarine, made by Irish expatriate John Holland for use against British shipping. Though internal dissent meant it was never used for that purpose, it was so important that the first commissioned submarine, based on that design, was named the USS Holland. Both the story of John Holland’s life, and the story of the Fenian Ram, are very interesting and make a good story (and a better song; there’s a good song about it on iTunes by the Wolfe Tones).

15. Rod King - Australia says:

Hey Jason,

Love the history podcast and thought i’d let ya know.
    Wondering if you could do a set on the ligthing horseman Cavalry Regiment

16. Augustin Stancu - Romania says:

Dear Mr. Jason,

I totally like the podcasts. I almost downloaded all of them. All are important for all people to know. I really enjoy listening to these podcasts. It’s a pleasure to learn this way.

Best regards,
    Augustin Stancu

17. Rachel says:

Can I subscribe using Media Monkey?

18. Jason says:

Hi Rachel,

I’m not familiar with Media Monkey, but I did find this link http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=108. Maybe it will help you?

Thanks,
    Jason

19. Sarah says:

Hello,
    I really love this podcast channel and if anyone can help me I’d appreciate it. I was subscribed to this podcast but when I upgraded the software everything got deleted and now when I try to subscribe to it again I get “There was a problem subscribing to this podcast. Please try again later”.

Is there a problem with the channel’s server or something because I have no problem subscribing to other podcasts.

20. Jason says:

Try unsubscribing and then resubscribing.

21. Domi says:

It would be great to get the URL of the podcast, rather than just the instructions for iTunes. Not everyone has, can have, or wants iTunes!

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name